The Horry County Police Department is dedicated to the provision of a comprehensive and quality law enforcement service founded upon the acknowledgment that our community expects and deserves, a high quality of life, safe and secure neighborhoods, schools and workplaces, protection from criminal elements, responsive assistance in times of need and in emergencies, effective and efficient management, and courteous, professional treatment as individuals.
It is the duty and obligation of every police department member to play an integral part in realizing this mission by applying the following practices and principles:
- Understanding the special and critical role they play in the application of their training, knowledge and experience towards accomplishing departmental goals and objectives and representing the police department in their daily duties
- Adhering to and supporting the highest standards of ethical conduct
- Aggressively seeking all available opportunity to enhance resources and to effectively and efficiently administer those resources within the parameters of budgeted authority
- Encouraging an environment of trust and cooperation within work and community environments by treating co-workers and citizens with dignity, courtesy and respect
- Striving for leadership in law enforcement through the application of progressive, imaginative, creative and innovative initiatives in a constant search for setting futuristic and farsighted standards of police service
- Promoting the philosophy that the police department is only a formal and official extension of the basic community law enforcement responsibility of every citizen by providing an awareness, in the course of our duties, that we must have community support and involvement to succeed in our mission