The Traffic Education Program (TEP) was established in South Carolina in an effort to make our highways safer through driver’s education while giving the participant an opportunity to have their ticket(s) dismissed.
Who is eligible for the TEP?
- Valid driver’s license
- No significant history of traffic violations
- Ticket must be a point violation
- Violation must be 4 points or less
- No prior participation in TEP
How does the participant enter the TEP?
- A participant may be referred to the TEP by the Summary Court Judge or Municipal Court Judge.
- Prior to the scheduled court date, Summary Court and Municipal Court cases may be eligible to enter the TEP as a self referral
If you are interested in applying to the Traffic Education Program, please contact the office directly at (843) 915-5693 prior to submitting an application.
What is needed to apply?
- Two (2) money orders made payable to the TEP in the amount of $140.00 each (total of $280.00)
- Driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- Copy of ticket
- Out of state participants must provide a three (3) year driving record (non-official)
What is required while in the program?
- Complete community service for a non-profit organization
- Attend a four (4) hour defensive driving course
How long is the program?
Participants may be eligible to successfully complete within thirty (30) days from the time of application.