|H C G Special Events
||Website Requires: Internet Explorer 5-6
Applications may be submitted in person by appointment only
or by mail.
Horry County Public Safety Division
2560 Main Street, Suite 4
Conway, SC 29526
Attn: Kellie Moon
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you will need to apply for a
Special Events Permit
- Is your outdoor event an organized formation, parade, procession or assembly consisting of persons, and which may include animals, vehicles or any combination thereof, which is to assemble or travel in unison on any street which does not comply with normal or usual traffic regulations or controls?
- Is your outdoor event a musical concert, festival, fair, carnival, or rally which you may expect to have 500 or more people in attendance at any one time?
- Is your outdoor event a sporting event which will require the use of temporary structures, including grandstands and tents, and which may have 4,000 or more people at any one time in attendance?
- Is your outdoor event a public assembly involving the gathering together of persons for commercial, civic or social functions or recreation or for food or drink consumption, which may be expected to have 500 or more people at any one time in attendance?
a. Example: If you own an establishment and you plan to have something "special" on your property that doesn’t happen on a normal basis (i.e. bike rally outdoor vending) and you expect to have 500 or more people at any one time in attendance.
- Will your outdoor event host drinking contests or games, contests involving disrobing,
or wet t-shirt contests, slaw/pudding/jello wrestling, bobbing or similar contests, or motorcycle/car washes (excluding those held by a church, school,
or civic organizations), outdoor stunt shows, dynodrag or dyno unit or burn-out pit activities?