Board of Architectural Review
Map A Brief History
of Little River Jerimiah Vereen House Essie & Copeland Lewis House Vereen Memorial Historical Gardens Intracoastal Waterway South Carolina Welcome Center Robert Livingston House Riverside Tavern James Ellis Sr. House First Methodist Church Parsonage Parson's Table Restaurant Toby's Old World Jasper's Café Little River United Methodist Church Cemetery Bonson & Allie Vereen House The Brentwood Restaurant Gore & McLamb Cemetery St. Paul's A.M.E. Church Cedar Creek Cemetery R.W. Woods General Store Little River Swing Bridge Frink's Public Park Fort Randall
Historic Little River
Little River Swing Bridge
Construction began March 10, 1934 – Sea Mountain Highway – In 1936, the Little River Swing Bridge opened to boat traffic on the new Intracoastal Waterway. Highly prized by local residents, the 272-foot steel moving span, built by Bethlehem Fabricators, Inc. of Pennsylvania, was among the first across the nation to use a massive single pivot-wheel technology. Today it is among the last remaining of its kind. Repair parts have to be custom made to fix the bridge when damage occurs.