- The legal drinking age is 21.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages in public and having open containers in vehicles are illegal.
- Motorcycle operators and passengers under 21 must wear an approved helmet under South Carolina law.
- Speeding laws are strictly enforced, as are seat belt laws.
- Sleeping on the beach is illegal.
- Thong bikini bathing suits and the public display of certain body parts are illegal and can result in arrest.
- Parking restrictions are enforced. Illegally parked vehicles will be towed.
- Private property owners may tow vehicles from their property at the vehicle owner's expense.
- Blatantly excessive revving and acceleration is a violation of the county's noise ordinance.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to drive or operate any motor vehicle of any kind or nature upon the public beach or within public marsh areas within the county limits.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to possess any type of alcoholic beverage on the public beaches or public access.
- When litter is thrown from a vehicle or allowed to escape therein, the driver will be held responsible for the improper disposal of the litter, regardless of who throws the litter.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to advertise for sale, manufacture, possess, sell, deliver, or to possess with the intent to deliver or sell drug paraphernalia.