Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a non-emergency report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred within Horry County but not in the cities of Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Conway or towns of Surfside Beach, Aynor or Loris.
- This is not a motor vehicle accident or a hit and run accident.
If you answered yes to all of the above, you are ready to file your report online. If your incident occurred in one of the other jurisdictions mentioned above, contact the appropriate agency. If you need no report a motor vehicle accident, contact the SC Highway Patrol at 843-365-5001.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary report number
- Be able to print a copy of the temporary report to keep for your records.
- All information provided may be subject to the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act and public disclosure.
- All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Please allow 5 business days for your report to be processed through our records management system.
- When reporting a crime through this system, it does not initiate an investigation by an officer, nor will an officer be assigned automatically to the case.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME!
To begin filing an online police report, select an incident type, and click the submit button.