Citizen Reports

Welcome to the Horry County Police Department Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911.

Police Reports

Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a non-emergency report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:

  • This is not an Emergency.
  • This incident occurred within Horry County but not in the cities of Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Conway or towns of Surfside Beach, Aynor or Loris.
  • This is not a motor vehicle accident or a hit and run accident.

If you answered yes to all of the above, you are ready to file your report online. If your incident occurred in one of the other jurisdictions mentioned above, contact the appropriate agency. If you need no report a motor vehicle accident, contact the SC Highway Patrol at 843-365-5001.

Upon completion of this report process you will:

  1. See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
  2. Be given a temporary report number
  3. Be able to print a copy of the temporary report to keep for your records.

Please Note:

  • All information provided may be subject to the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act and public disclosure.
  • All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Please allow 5 business days for your report to be processed through our records management system.
  • When reporting a crime through this system, it does not initiate an investigation by an officer, nor will an officer be assigned automatically to the case.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.


To begin filing an online police report, select an incident type, and click the submit button.

Incident Type:      

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency in Horry County, call 843-248-1520.
If this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police reporting system?
No, If a crime took place outside of Horry County please call the police department for that area.
What is a known suspect?
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in
How do I get a copy of my police report?
A copy of the report will be sent to your e-mail address when approved.


Crime Tips

Please email the Criminal Investigations Division at or call 843-915-TIPS (8477)

Drug and Vice Tips

Please email Special Operations at or call 843-915-8346

Warrants Tips

To send us tips on individuals with outstanding warrants, please email Warrants at or call 843-915-5688

Non-emergency Line: 843-248-1520
Emergency Line: 9-1-1