Sheriff's OfficeSheriff's Office

The Horry County Sheriff's Office is responsible for numerous tasks including judicial security, processing warrants, fingerprinting services, registration of sex offenders, funeral escorts, providing background checks and operating the J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

General Information


The Horry County Sheriff's Office conducts fingerprinting Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Your state-issued picture identification card is required. You may bring your fingerprint cards or we will provide the cards.

Concealed Weapons Permit

Concealed Weapons Permits are issued by the SC Law Enforcement Division. The applications and renewals can be completed online at
Questions? Contact Cpl. Difloure by phone at 843-915-5450.

Funeral Escorts

The Horry County Sheriff’s Office is honored to provide funeral escorts for our funeral homes. If you would like to request a funeral escort, please submit the request at

Please include the following:

  • Contact information
  • Name of the deceased
  • Date and time of funeral
  • Date and time of funeral
  • Funeral route of the funeral
A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt. 

Records Checks

The Horry County Sheriff's Office will provide a local records check at no charge Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Local records checks consist of information obtained from the Horry County Public Index. Information is also available at

When requesting a records check from the Horry County Sheriff's Office for another individual, a signed and notarized waiver is mandatory.  This request can be expedited by printing and completing the Request Form prior to arrival. Your state-issued ID or United States Passport is required to complete the check.

Records Check Request Form

Temporary Beer & Wine Permits

Below, you will find a link to the Department of Revenue, Temporary Beer & Wine Permit form.  The Sheriff's Office will be glad to assist in the approval of your permit.  Questions? Contact us at 843-915-5450. 

Download Temporary Beer & Wine Permit:  General Information


Judgments are obtained through Magistrate Court or Circuit Court depending upon the amount. Once you obtain a judgment, if the defendant has not paid the amount they owe, please file judgment with the Clerk of Court. You will receive a Civil Process Case Number, there is a $35.00 filing fee. Then, complete the forms provided and submit the forms with a $25.00 filing fee to the Sheriff's Office in person or by mail. 

Affidavit for Execution for Clerk of Court
Assume Cost Form
Execution Against Property Cheat Sheet
Execution Against Property
Judgment Guidelines
Letter to be sent with blank execution form
Note to Plaintiff filing an Execution Against Property