The Horry County Voter Registration and Election Commission is always looking for qualified Poll Managers to staff precincts throughout Horry County. The Poll Managers along with the precinct Clerk are responsible for following State Election Laws and procedures in allowing voters to confidently cast their vote in their specific polling location on Election day. If you are interested in becoming a Poll Manager, please read the Qualifications/Election day Duties and download the required forms for submission.
- Be a registered voter in Horry County. Excludes 16 and 17 years old.
- Be able to attend a Poll Manager Training Class in person (2-3 hours) or complete the Online Poll Manager Training
- Be prepared to work the ENTIRE Election Day, from 6:15AM until 7:30PM.
- Be non-partisan on Election Day
Election Day Duties Include:
- Greeting voters
- Qualifying voters using voter registration list or laptop
- Activating voting machine for each voter
- Assistance to voters as needed
- Managing polling location in a professional manner while following ALL Election laws and procedures
Required forms for Compensation: Please contact the Horry County Human Resource department at 843-915-5230 for required documentation.