County Beach Accesses
All beach accesses in the unincorporated areas of Horry County are open. You can find a list of County beach accesses here: https://www.horrycounty.org/Departments/ParksAndRecreation/BeachAccess.
Horry County Government will reopen its administrative, public safety, and library facilities to the public beginning Monday, May 18, 2020. Horry County recreation centers, the Horry County Museum and the L.W. Paul Living History Farm will remain closed to the public.
Following the guidance from Governor McMaster and state agencies, Horry County will allow public access to its buildings with best safety practices being implemented. Safety measures will include:
- Everyone in high-traffic public areas will be required to wear masks while inside facilities. This includes lobbies, waiting areas, customer service counters, etc. Everyone is encouraged to bring their own mask and wear it prior to entering the facilities.
- Occupancy limits will be set in public areas of offices and lobbies.
- Physical distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Services made available online will continue and the public is encouraged to use online services when possible.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be stationed in public areas.
- Enhanced cleaning operations will continue.
To help alleviate crowding in public areas, Horry County encourages individuals to continue to do business online and over the phone with county departments where possible. Horry County will continue to phase into operations as conditions permit, and ask for patience if wait times exist.
Anyone planning to visit a County building during the initial re-opening phase should be prepared to check in with staff located at the entrance to the facility. Visitors may be asked to wait outside the office or facility depending on the capacity of the facility.
Horry County Clerk of Court
Court for Horry County Magistrate Court and Circuit Court is cancelled through June. Jurors should not report to the courthouse at this time. Limited Court functions continue and you should contact the court directly for specific instructions.
Horry County Library branches are open as follows:
- The Aynor, Bucksport, Green Sea, Loris and Little River branches will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Carolina Forest, Conway, Socastee, North Myrtle Beach, and Surfside Beach branches will be open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Although the libraries are open, by appointment curbside service is encouraged whenever possible. Branch locations, hours, and COVID19 limitations can be found on the Horry County Memorial Library System's website.
Reserve a Computer
Call your library to reserve a public computer. Limit one hour per day, per customer.
15 to 20 minute browse and check-out time for library materials. The number of people in the library at one time will be limited.
Contactless Curbside Pickup
Call your library and make an appointment to pick up your holds. Place holds on the Library website at hcml.org.
Library guests are required to wear a face covering and limit their visits to the times in the guidelines. The facilities are following the CDC’s recommendations for face covering, social distancing, hand washing and surface disinfecting. There will be no meetings or programs during this initial reopening phase. In addition, the library cannot accept book donations at this time.
The Horry County Museum and L.W. Paul Living History Farm are open to the public.
Horry County Recreation Centers are open to the public.